Saturday, June 28, 2014

Daenerys' season 3 dress.

I've just started making another one of Daenerys' from Game of Thrones dresses: The one she wears in season 3.  There are multiple versions of this dress each one more elaborate than the other. I'm making the second version. 
 These are some sketches I've made of the pattern.
 I'm using a heavy dark blue fabric. The outside is too shiny so I'm using the inside.

 I'm basically using a simple dress pattern and modifying some things.
 I've changed the sleeves and the neckline.
 I pretty much just made the dress twice and cut out one side.
 So here's what I've got so far. Maybe I'll turn one of the dresses inside out so the upper part can be used as lining. The pieces of fabric that go across the chest I'll just sew on.
 I've also tried making the dragonscale pattern that will decorate the shoulders and front. The smocking technique is explained very well here.
I'll post some more as soon as I get further!

1 comment:

  1. did you finish the dress? i would love a pattern pay you ofcourse!

    ReplyDelete